Advanced Operative and Adhesive Dentistry
The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry offers a 26-month program leading to a Certificate in Advanced Operative and Adhesive Dentistry.
The program provides students with in-depth scientific knowledge and clinical experience in Operative and Adhesive Dentistry, including:
- Minimally-Invasive Adhesive Dentistry
- Esthetic and Functional Rehabilitation
- Digital Dentistry (CAD/CAM)
- Dental Biomaterials
- Implant Dentistry
- Advanced Esthetic Treatment Planning
In addition, the program offers students teaching experience through assisting the learning activities of the Doctor of Dental Surgery Program.
Biomaterials research is an integral part of the curriculum of the programs. Students enrolled in the Certificate in Operative and Adhesive Dentistry have an opportunity to apply for the Master of Science in Biomaterials and Digital Dentistry.
The clinical, research and teaching experiences will prepare graduates for future academic careers in dental education, private practice, as well as career options in dental related public and private organizations.
- DDS, DMD or equivalent degree (for international dentist applicants)
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required for admission
Materials Required for All Applicants:
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitæ
- Three letters of recommendation addressed to the Program Director
- Official Dental School Transcripts including a year-by-year record
Additional Materials Required for International Applicants:
- For non-native English speakers, an Internet-based TOFEL (iBT) test score of 90 or above is required, with 20 or above on each section (reading, listening, speaking, and writing). The exam score should be less than two years old.
- Non-US obtained Dental School Transcripts must be translated and certified by Educational Credential Evaluators Report (ECE)
PASS deadline: December 1
How to Apply
The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC uses the American Dental Education Association’s Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) centralized application for its specialty certificate programs. Supplemental materials are not to be sent to the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry.
In addition to the PASS, all Advanced Operative and Adhesive Dentistry applicants must submit a non-refundable processing fee of $85 ($145 for international applicants).
To pay online, visit our Online Payment Portal. An email confirmation will be sent once payment is submitted
Cost of Attendance
This program does not provide a stipend.
|Direct Costs||Year 1||Year 2|
|Student Health Center Fee||667||667|
|Topping Student Aid Fund||16||16|
|Dental Gown Usage Fee||165||165|
|Grad Student Programming Fee||80||80|
|Total Direct Costs||$72,163||$57,303|
|Allowances for Indirect Costs||Year 1||Year 2|
|Room and Board||22,272||22,272|
|Estimated Cost of Attendance||$100,435||$85,575|
Estimated cost of attendance for 2017-2018
Students are required to have an intraoral camera, computer and magnifying optical lens.
Please note that all matriculating students must comply with the university’s health requirements.