USC University of Southern California

Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC

Student Visas

Once you have been officially accepted to USC, we will issue a form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility, which you must present when you apply for a visa at the U.S. consulate or embassy in your home country.

Before an I-20 can be processed, the student must present a notarized statement of financial support indicating the sponsor’s name, address, and source of income. This document must be verified by a bank stamp or the United States Consul for tuition and expenses for one year ($93,000) to the Office of Graduate and International Admission and the School of Dentistry Office of Admissions.

If you wish to include a spouse and/or dependents on your visa, please attach a separate 8½ x 11-inch piece of paper to your financial statement that includes:

  • their full names
  • dates of birth
  • country of citizenship
  • country of birth
  • relationship to you

You must document in your financial statement that you have additional funds of $7,200 for a spouse and $3,600 per dependent.