Dental Hygiene (BS)
The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Dental Hygiene program prepares students for a rapidly growing profession as an important member of the dental health team.
Here’s what we require of applicants:
Prerequisites and USC General Education courses must be completed or near completion at the time of application. You must achieve grades of C or higher in all prerequisite courses.
Required prerequisites are:
- English Composition (2 semesters/3 quarters)
- General Chemistry and Lab (2 semesters/3 quarters)
- General Anatomy and Lab (1 semester/2 quarters)
- General Biology and Lab (1 semester/2 quarters)
- General Microbiology (1 semester/2 quarters)
- General Nutrition (1 semester/2 quarters)
- General Physiology (1 semester/2 quarters)
- General Psychology (1 semester/2 quarters)
- Introduction to Sociology (1 semester/2 quarters)
- Introduction to Speech (1 semester/2 quarters)
At least one course in each of the USC general education categories (I–V) and one course to fulfill the diversity and lower-division writing requirement must be completed or in progress by the time of application.
Minimum of three years of high school math
Includes advanced algebra with a grade of C or better or intermediate algebra at the college level with a grade of C or better.
Most coursework from four-year institutions is transferable.
No coursework from international institutions is transferable.
How to Apply
ADEA DHCAS ADDRESS
Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9129
Watertown, MA 02471
USC OFFICE OF UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION ADDRESS
USC Office of Undergraduate Admission
University Park Campus
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0911
Here’s how to apply to the Dental Hygiene BS program:
1. Apply no later than February 1 of the year you’d like to attend.
Use the American Dental Education Association online application for dental hygiene.
2. Apply for undergraduate admission to USC.
Use the Common App.
3. Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities you’ve attended.
Send transcripts to ADEA DHCAS and the USC Office of Undergraduate Admission.
4. Visit the USC campus for an interview — by invitation only.
Dental hygiene admissions interviews are typically held in March and April.
5. ONCE YOU ARE ACCEPTED, PAY YOUR DEPOSIT OF $1,000 (NON-REFUNDABLE) WITHIN 14 DAYS OF ACCEPTANCE.
A second deposit of $1,000 (non-refundable) will be due July 6. Pay through our Online Payment Portal.
6. Meet our health requirements.
Dental Hygiene Program Class of 2021
20 members of Class of 2021
Asian 6, Hispanic 2, White 6, Multiracial 5 (1 didn’t report)
23 average age; age range 19-33
5 hold AA degrees
6 hold BA/BS degrees
3.32 average total GPA