USC University of Southern California

Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC

Soundbites: Scholarship Recipients

On Feb. 17, Ostrow scholarship recipients will get the chance to meet and thank their scholarship benefactors for their generosity at the 2017 Scholarship Recognition Dinner. Each year, thanks in part to USC dentistry’s generous alumni and friends, Ostrow awards more than $1 million in scholarship aid. Meet just a few of the scholarship recipients taking part in this Friday’s event:

Brandon Lynch
Brandon Lynch

Brandon Lynch

“Investing in the success of the future generations ensures that Ostrow students have all the tools necessary to receive top-notch training to best care for our patients and advance the profession.”

—Brandon Lynch DDS ’19
Albert and Grace Colby Endowed Scholarship

Katherine Schwartz
Katherine Schwartz

Katherine Schwartz

“When alumni give scholarships to future generations of dentists, it shows their support for the dental program at USC and to the future of the dental profession.”

—Katherine Schwartz DDS ’17
Carl Rieder Endowed Scholarship,
Edward K. and Ginny O. Lew Endowed Scholarship

Janice Lee
Janice Lee

Janice Lee

“I believe that Trojan alumni supporting Trojans only helps propel and fortify students to press forward with their passions, no matter what challenges they may be facing at the time.”

—Janice Lee DDS ’17
Century Club Endowed Scholarship,
Dr. Clifton Dummett Endowed Scholarship,
Carl Rieder Endowed Scholarship

Mikaela Benlulu
Mikaela Benlulu

Mikaela Benlulu

"I didn't just receive a scholarship: I gained a mentor, a source of inspiration and a lifelong friend. Dr. Landesman continues to provide me with guidance, motivation, wisdom and support. This means the world to me..."

—Mikaela Benlulu DDS '17
Howard and Lynne Landesman Endowed Scholarship

Da'Kandryia Peters
Da'Kandryia Peters

Da'Kandryia Peters

“Being a dental student at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry is a blessing in itself, but to be chosen out of so many deserving dental students to receive this scholarship means a great deal to me and gives me one more reason to continue succeeding in my studies.”

—Da’Kandryia Peters DDS ’19
Albert and Grace Colby Scholarship

Danielle Goodman
Danielle Goodman

Danielle Goodman

“It is important to give back to your communities and show appreciation to the institutions that have given you the tools and ability to succeed. ... I am proud to be a member of the Trojan family, and I look forward to the day when I can give back to future Trojans.”

—Danielle Goodman DDS ’17
Friends of Dentistry Endowed Scholarship

Natalie Inoue
Natalie Inoue

Natalie Inoue

“It is opportunities like this that have allowed me to focus on my studies and my passion for dentistry. It also makes me want to work that much harder towards my goals and aspirations knowing that there are donors that believe in me and are supporting me in my endeavors.”

—Natalie Inoue DDS ’18
Yoshio Yamaguchi/Academy for Excellence in Dentistry Endowed Scholarship